Saturday July 20th @ 10 AM (parade starts at 11 AM)
West side of California on Lander
We have been asked by the West Seattle Grand Parade coordinator to lead the parade this year! We will be going right after the Seattle Police Motorcycle Drill Team and will have the wonderful honor and immense responsibility to set the tone and pace for the rest of the parade. Our scouts will be carrying the banners for the sponsors like last year, but this time we will me marching as a pack.
… And this year we will be kicking it up a notch! The theme will be:
This is what makes Cub Scouting Great!
What we would like you to do is put on your creative hats and think about what cub scouting means to you, your scout and your community. You have a week to think about and get ready for the event. Here are a few ideas:
- Ride your bike showing bicycle safety
- Wear your backpack and bring your hiking gear!
- Bring your fishing pole and hike with your fishing pole. A fake fish on the line would be cool!
- Make a cardboard box pinewood derby car
- Make or bring a go-cart!
- Make stilts and try to walk sections of the parade route on stilts!
- Bring and carry a flag!
We will have our flat bed that will be staged with a “Leave No Trace” theme. The kids can sit on it or in the truck pulling it if they get tired, however we encourage everyone to walk the route using your creative ideas!
- Please wear your full Class A uniform!
- Please try to be there at 10 AM so that we can have everything ready
- Parents and siblings are encouraged to walk with the Pack!
- We will have water available
- We will have candy available for ‘handing out’ to the crowd
- We may have a few other packs join, so be prepared to meet other scouts
- We may have some Tiger scouts for next year joining us
- Bring a positive attitude and prepare to have fun!
We look forward to seeing you next Saturday!
Your Pack 793 leaders!